Custom Home Building Timeline
How Long Does It Take to Build a Custom Home?
Each home building timeline depends on the design, features, and materials to be included in your custom home. A general rule of thumb to use when predicting how long it will take to build your custom home is between 10 months and 2 years; however, some projects can be completed sooner or later depending on the scope of work involved. The following is a brief overview of what your custom home building process could look like:
Our Home Building Process
Our team prides itself on creating truly custom homes that exceed our clients’ expectations. We achieve through our perfected, six-step custom home building process:
- The First Meeting & Selections: We begin each project by getting to know you on a personal level, understanding the unique vision you have for your home and selecting the floor plan and location for your build.
- Sign the Contract: Our team can help you find the financing needed for your custom home. Once the deposit is made, no further transactions are needed during the construction of your home.
- Choose Your Details: Here’s where the real fun begins — selecting all the details, finishes, features, and personal touches that will make your house feel like home.
- Begin Construction: After your design is approved, we’ll break ground at your custom home’s location, allowing you the opportunity to finally see your dream home take shape.
- Final Walkthrough & Ownership Transfer: When construction is complete, we’ll take you through a final walkthrough and help with the transition of utilities and insurance for your new home.
- Follow-Up Services: After you move in, our team will follow up with you after 12 months to review any concerns you may have and provide touch-up painting on any chips, flaking, or cracks that may exist.
Start Building Your Dream Home with Lee Builders!
Creating the home you’ve always envisioned starts with selecting the right building team. Lee Builders has proudly provided the custom home building services that Georgia and South Carolina families have trusted for more than 20 years. Allow our team to guide you through the home building process and bring your unique vision to life by contacting us for a custom home building quote today!